GTG’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications department is cross-sectoral team of legal professionals with vast experience in providing clients with tailored, efficient and value-added legal solutions in technology matters.
We provide assistance to tech companies throughout their business life cycle, from start-up stage when setting up of their business through to assistance relating to commercial and legal matters and all facets company law, including listing, mergers and acquisitions. We combine extensive experience and multidisciplinary knowledge of the law with a solid background in the fast-moving and dynamic technology sector, consistently standing at the forefront of legal development in the sector in Malta.
Known for acting for some of Malta’s most prominent technology companies, as well as young and rapidly growing clients, our specialist lawyers are regularly seconded into clients and plugged into the business industry advising on new threats and opportunities as well as applicable strategies within the local and international tech sphere across a number of industries including:
- Software, where our experience ranges from working with companies with narrow vertical software offerings to generic platform providers looking to licence their APIs and SDKs to others.
- Hardware vendors and integrators, where we assist in issues dealing with, in particular, data protection, consumer legislation, and e-commerce regulations.
- Payment, Internet and e-commerce, where we assist on any deals, disputes as well as advising on consumer issues, data security and data protection.
- Media, where we advise on M&A, IPR, commercial deals, content production and distribution carriage arrangements, advertising, regulatory issues as well as spectrum and coordination requirements.
- Telecommunications, where our experience ranges from Authorities to the top market and sector leaders locally and abroad. Our clients are both providers and users of telecoms services. We offer advice on the full range of issues in the sector: commercial/transactional, regulatory, consumer, competition (both ex ante and ex post).
- Litigation, Complaints and Dispute Resolution, where our experienced litigation teams regularly assist to provide a seamless service.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications Insights