An industry leader in international financial services in the Euro-Med region, Malta was the first jurisdiction to expand its comprehensive, flexible regulation to the Fintech sector with the introduction of three legal bills regulating distributed ledger technology (DLT) platforms, the application of blockchain technology and the ever-growing cryptocurrency market.
GTG has been at the forefront of these developments, with direct involvement in the development of Malta’s innovative legal framework and vast experience in advising clients operating in the fields of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, payment services and electronic money. Our experienced Fintech team provides practical and nuanced regulatory guidance and advice on:
- The regulatory status of cryptocurrencies and companies trading in VCs
- The regulatory requirements to register a whitepaper with the MFSA or apply for a VFA service provider licence
- Financial Instrument Tests to determine the legal classification of any DLT Asset
- The legal aspects of blockchain-backed operations
- Drafting legal opinions
- Solutions and advice for KYC-related matters
Our services are also complimented by GTG Corporate, our dedicated CSP which is duly authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority to act as a Class C Company Service Provider and offers specialised guidance in corporate, regulatory & compliance matters including the incorporation of companies and set ups in Malta.