Across Europe, data protection rights are fundamental human rights regulated by a comprehensive legal framework. We understand that the specific requirements of European data protection law can be challenging for organisations, especially because of variations in local laws across EU Member States despite the GDPR.
Our Data Protection team has extensive experience in data protection across multiple sectors, including specifically regulated sectors such as telecommunications and gambling. We have assisted multiple companies, individuals and state entities and can readily advise on:
- Tailored compliance tools and procedures (such as privacy impact assessments, checklists, notice and consent forms, data transfer and processing agreements, sample security procedures, complaint handling and dispute resolution procedures and employee training materials)
- Corporate privacy risk management, as well as legislative and strategic policy advice
- Corporate information policy and legal compliance
- Data breach notification requirements
- Data protection by design principles and data minimisation
- International data transfers, including Binding Corporate Rules, model clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Data protection issues in the context of outsourced arrangements
- Compliance issues related to cloud-based data processing services and by novel tech such as blockchain and IoT.
Our Data Protection team is particularly known for successfully representing clients in Data Protection disputes including on GDPR matters before the Information and Data Protection Commissioner.
Data Protection & Privacy Insights